Accidents happen. A user accidentally deletes data, a junior (or not-so-junior) DBA drops a table, or there’s simply a bug in the code that was deployed which is causing you to lose data. If you’ve done your homework, you don’t have to worry (well, you need to worry, but not as much).
Martín discussed Disaster Recovery options in Postgres and how PITR can help in certain scenarios.
The webinar covered the following key topics:
- Description of database backups
- Types of backups you can take from a PostgreSQL server
- Different use cases for backups
- Disaster scenarios and best ways to recover from them
- Things to consider when taking backups
Speaker: Martín Marqués | Head of Support Operations at 2ndQuadrant